PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways to cut workers' pay
View Single Post
Old 11th Oct 2001, 12:24
nexeuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'Squirrel, what's your problem with CSD's?
Been refused an upgrade at some time or something'

RM - I doubt that is his problem, he's just stating a truth but the politically incorrect.
Here is a fact. Ask a passenger when a flight departs with a purser acting as CSD if they noticed any differnce in the service - I doubt it. Don't get me wrong a number do a good job, but there are far too many who are trying to win their little turf battles and honestly believe they are more important than the Captain.

BA has such massive problems, it's mini-empires within the airline all concerned with their own patch and not managing the company as a successful venture. At the top of the heap is the Cabin Crew departments, unless they are sorted out in their working practices it's hard to see how the airline has a future - they really do bleed the company dry. Stil they are asking the pilots to slow down to get their extra payments. On a day return flight to TLV just after the attack, the flight being almost empty going out - they had extra money, hotel and 5 days off after the flight as an inducement - yet they still delayed it over an hour to wait for two crew even though they could have legally gone. This sort of thing is going on all the time, given the current circumstances you do have to question some peoples IQ!