PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 8
Thread: Ryanair - 8
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2012, 19:31
LGS6753

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
Jamie -

- if there's a problem, I expect MON will overcome it to allow us to complete our holiday - I expect FR would cancel.
What sort of problems are you suggesting?
Oh, I don't know - volcanic ash, fog, thunderstorms, sandstorms, ATC strikes, the list is endless. I've watched FR cancel flights in the past when others (including MON) were actually trying to get their pax to the destination.

- If I forget to or can't follow Ts & Cs to the letter, FR will fine/charge me - MON will be reasonable.
Its not that hard to follow T & C's is it? 99% of FR passengers can but there is always a few who can't and I would add that some staff do meet passengers half way.
Perhaps Mrs LGS will overload her suitcase, perhaps my self-printed boarding card will be creased after a holiday and unreadable, perhaps the cabin case I normally take will be too large for FR's 'bin'. As FR make so much of their profit on "ancillaries" I would expect them (or their under-paid agents) to be very keen to levy a charge.

- I've read about a lot of short cuts in Ryanair, and just feel MON are less likely to take a risk.
Would I be correct in saying that this is in relation to the 3 Mayday calls last month.
That certainly didn't help, but it added to an increasing list of stories (maybe not all true) that one hears, and the instances that I have observed myself - fast taxying, excursions off the pavement, etc.