PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australia and NZ
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2012, 18:30
papazulu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Regarding written exams. The EASA syllabus has been described as being a mile wide and an inch deep - that is, you have to know very little about a broad range of topics. CASA prefers the mile-deep-and-an-inch-wide approach: there are fewer topics to memorise, but you really have to be very good at those topics to be able to pass. Practice exams are therefore essential.
Would you mind to elaborate a bit on that?

While I agree totally on the EASA-madness bit (I had to endure it all myself, having done the initial training in US), as I am going through the ATC's CPL Air law book, I am finding many similarities with the FAA system which seems to be hold in little consideration by Australian aviation operators (namely one Flight School I got in touch with for my practical exams) but I haven't faced their tests yet. I am still waiting for my ARN so I am not sure where/what I should look up to find suitable material. When it comes to an FAA test, it's easy-peasy to figure out what are the most popular questions...

Other than that I am in the same situation of wxjedi except I don't have a job there, just some reasonable pilot experience. From the info I gathered on the web, it seems there is a positive upbeat for no-entry level pilots there. Am I wrong?

Regards

PZ