PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Take your shoes off - Aviation security
View Single Post
Old 10th Jan 2003, 20:07
Capt.Slackbladder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Havn't had a chance to read all the posts so apologies for any repetition but two examples from both sides of the Atlantic of the pathetic situation regarding security.

Sanford: Whole crew made to take their shoes off but in the time it took for us to be cleared about 100 pasengers were quite happily cleared through with only the usual x-ray on handbaggage!

Birmingham: Called out from Standby and told to get to a/c a.s.a.p. No problem, or so I thought, until I arrived at security as the rest of the crew were on board, (as were the pax) security wouldn't let me through as I was on my own! Licence check, passport check but they wanted to see my crew signing- in sheet. Having made my way direct to the terminal without going to the office I didn't have a signing-in sheet so they wouldn't let me through! However, it was amazing how fast they moved, and changed their minds, when I took out my mobile and asked them to explain to my ops. why the flight would miss it's slot, 220 pax would be delayed and the programme would be off schedule for the rest of the day!