PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dallas Dispute - Qantas Crew stood down.
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2012, 00:19
teresa green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes Headmaster you are correct, its human nature that you have just described. If you feel that either the Capt or the F/O is incompetent and not up to running or working on a flight deck it is best to contact a senior captain you trust and voice your opinion. I say that from experience, to say nothing is a possible accident waiting to happen. Any Senior Capt you trust will listen to what you have to say and put out "feelers" to gage what is happening and has there been other complaints. Do not consider yourself a "dobber" or a "brown noser" but consider yourself as doing your duty as bound by your own conscience. I have had in my career many a young Captain come and tell me that X is up to sh$t, and could not run a bath much less a aircraft. You then have to decipher if there is a personal vendetta or he is telling the truth. You then speak to other senior blokes and soon get a feeling for what is going on, the next step is to talk to the CP who generally thinks up a reason to give him a check and a cup of tea, if he passes without any problem he is marked as one who is watched, if he doesn't then the appropriate action is taken. If the bloke has a "personality problem" and not a flying problem he is brought in and asked about his personal life and any problems he might have, that affect his flight deck performance and his getting on with the rest of the crew, generally this is a big wake up call and the offender tends to pull his head in, and try to be more genial. Thats how it was and I don't imagine much has changed.