PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Engine Checks
Thread: Engine Checks
View Single Post
Old 23rd Aug 2012, 11:52
Pilot DAR

Received 92 Likes on 56 Posts
I agree Intercepted. Abrasive personalities are not as welcomed in nearly all environments. I would expect the such a personality, were they to be an invited guest to the right seat, would never be invited again should they start asserting their thoughts so forcefully.

I have given my best for a whole flying career to ease into social situations, and multi pilot environments, simply so I am invited back. In my role now, I do have to tell people that their design is not adequate or compliant, or that their test failed, from time to time. But even that can be handled with grace and professionalism, and not ruffle other people.

PPRuNe is a social environment. Though subjects discussed here can relate to safety or efficiency, there is nearly no opportunity (or right) for a poster to enforce what they say. So, offer your opinion, and if it not accepted, clarify nicely if it could help, otherwise let it go. You still have your own life undisturbed, so go live it your way - as others will theirs!

Sorry for the drift from the original topic....