PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Overheats Passengers At Eindhoven Airport
Old 22nd Aug 2012, 23:26
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
APU's do go U/S, it is not a no-go item. For the crew it IS a major pain in the hole, as it invoves them (too) sitting in a sweaty metal box, additionaly, they are at the mercy of handling agencies who may (or not) provide Ground Electrical Power/ Air Start Unit/ Ground Conditioned Air, in a timely fashion.

A bit like the Barcelona " Road Traffic Accident", I wonder if the CC really communicated the "concerns" to the FlightDeck Crew fully & promptly. For sure, with a modicum of imagination they could have anticipated them, but. . . .with minimal outside assistance from Ops/Handling they are sometimes focussed on something else (like trying to negotiate a new slot or whatever)

Ryanairs policy as regards CC recruitment is VERY simple " can/will you pay for the course/uniform ? OK you are in" IQ/Language skills/Basic communication skills . . are an Add on.
To this I add my apologies to the greater percentage of RYR CC who do a great job of presenting a fairly cheerful public face whilst working for an employer who treats them like absolute SHAT. . . . I fly 3 X a month with you folks, & I do recognise the sh1t you have to deal with on a daily basis from p1ssed off customers AND your employers. . "respect"