PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Overheats Passengers At Eindhoven Airport
Old 22nd Aug 2012, 17:18
fireflybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd invite anyone who just 'blames the crew' to come and work for Ryanair and abide by the numerous Memos regarding this issue and then you'll be in a better position to make an educated comment. You would then have a clearer insight as to how things work in Ryanland.
Doing "things right" is management - doing the "right thing" is leadership.

How to care for the safety and welfare of passengers isn't just following a set of "procedures" - not every situation is covered by memos etc.

For one reason or another this type of incident points to a lack of leadership - having the b***s to do what is necessary. But it would seem the upper echelons of this Company don't encourage leadership because they feel, for one reason or another, that this would threaten them.

Recently I came across the following which struck a chord with me:-

I remember a great line in the movie Kingdom of Heaven when an English Knight was bestowing Knighthood on his men before a Battle. He was listing knightly virtues and was demanding his men live by those virtues. The line in particular that struck me was “always tell the truth, even if it leads to your death” wow...... powerful stuff.
I would rather face the sack having done the "right thing" for my fellow human beings.