PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Engine Checks
Thread: Engine Checks
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2012, 15:56
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BPF

I am not taking sides so its just an observation! I was very heavily involved in flight simulator addon companies a few years ago.

We had one poster on a FS forum who professed to be a 747 Captain. He posted with absolute authority in detail which left me floundering in the water Until he made a couple of major mistakes which had us all questioning the authenticity of this so called 747 Captain.
He turned out to be a 12 year old kid with excellent googling abilities.

There are people who post here for all manner of reasons some genuine some blown up their abilities , some not!
Some are known to others here as genuine.

But in any anonymous forum you do not really know who you are talking to.
There are people I have met and some I would love to meet (you included) as the depth of their knowledge and experience would mean I would find them interesting to talk with and I too learn a lot from some of the members here.

But it is part of the nature of the animal to treat internet forums with caution and the posters with extra caution.

We had one poster called Guppy who was amazing in his detail and authority! You dare not cross him for fear of public castigation.
He always won an argument.
He was banned and the forum lost his detail of knowledge wherever that came from!
I often wondered how real he was!
Genuine Trolls yes ban them but others give them slack.

Jabawoky??? he has more posts than me here and my instincts give him some slack

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 22nd Aug 2012 at 17:24.