PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Engine Checks
Thread: Engine Checks
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2012, 10:04
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmmm?

If I could wave a magic wand which miraculously transported everyone writing on these forums into one large room sitting behind their laptops facing each other I have no doubts there would be some very red faces.

It is the nature of anonymous internet forums that people will act differently to one another than they would do face to face.

Text itself can be misunderstood or taken the wrong way.

With something like aviation which is often ego based real world put it into an anonymous forum and there is bound to be sniping, willy waving and hurt egos.

I have met quite a lot of posters off these forums and most have become good friends real world.
Networking is so important for getting opportunities not just in commercial flying but also private flying and if used correctly the forum gives golden opportunities of meeting up with some of the posters who are anonymous but who then can become good real world friends.

As for banning? We all loose our rag sometimes or take things the wrong way and make defensive comments even if they are sometimes attacking comments.

The genuine troll for me is someone who hunts through the internet taking delight and excitement from others hurt and posts to encourage that.
It is a form of bullying akin to the classroom bullying and that should not be tolerated.

Pace