PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dallas Dispute - Qantas Crew stood down.
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2012, 04:27
Slippery_Pete

Received 374 Likes on 70 Posts
Even if the Captain was in the right, the fact that he couldn't manage the situation without it descending into a farce, says a lot about his management skills. Someone shouldn't be commanding an airliner without impeccable people management skills.

You only have to punch data into an FMC once...

Speak up once to air an issue, fair enough.
Continue whining about it afterward when no one else is wading in and the capt has said his piece? Way out of line.
Welcome to 1960's CRM with HamFan. Get real.

If it was really takeoff data related, the FO should have stepped in. If I were the FO, I would have said "I'm getting a coffee in the galley. If you two are still acting like school children rather than adult professionals by the time I get back, I'm getting off."

I've refused to get onboard with a Capt and CSM who were at each other and swearing in the crew room. Five mins later they cooled down, apologised and we boarded for a normal shift.

Seems to me the only one who did the right thing was the SO - had a concern and wanted it addressed to ensure the safety of his passengers. Spineless FO plus Captain who can't manage his crew/emotions makes for a pretty piss poor flight deck.

Wonder if the FO is getting tea & biccies too - probably should be.