PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 8
Thread: MANCHESTER - 8
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2012, 23:44
Fairdealfrank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VS domestic

Quote: "(Just to re-open the can of worms) Perhaps SMB should have teamed up with SRB!"

Yes! Doesn't that seem a long time ago now! Ego clash wasn't it?

Quote: "My understanding is that VS are taking back 3 slot pairs that are currently leased out. So, they are not reducing any current long haul services to accommodate shorthaul.
Oh yea, transfer T1 to T3 @ LHR to connect onwards ! great ! .. pass me the Emirates timetable... "

Would be an easier version of BA's LHR1-LHR4 transfer, but suspect this has much to do with VS's move to the new LHR2.

Quote: "So looks like Virgin will be one of the only airlines at MAN to use two terminals, unless of course they move their International operations to T3 but I highly doubt that."

VS lonhaul at Ringway is point to point bucket and spade, BGI, MCO, etc. so it doesn't matter (from a pax point of view) if they're in 2 terminals. From a company duplication point of view, it may be a different matter.

Quote: "This comes from their press release
Sir Richard Branson’s airline is going to apply for all of the remedy slots being awarded by the European Commission following the IAG takeover of bmi, but is using some of its existing slots to service the Manchester to London route. The airline believes competition on this route has been neglected in the remedy process and aims to provide choice for the 650,000 passengers who travel between the two cities."

Could apply to GLA as well as MAN.

Last edited by Fairdealfrank; 21st Aug 2012 at 23:45.