PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I have never read so much dog excrement in my life as this.
Old 21st Aug 2012, 19:20
Foxcotte

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its standard journalistic practice in this neck of the wood - to exaggerate, use key words, and standard phrases.

In every crash report I have ever read locally - whether aviation or road - is the same. People always "escape death narrowly" - never do they survive by a huge margin. Planes/cars etc always "go out of control" - it is never the pilot/driver who loses control of the vehicle. In air crashes passengers are "always witnessed throwing identification/valuables out of the plane before it hits the earth - even though its pressurised. Planes deliberately hit high ground - its never the pilot doing a CFIT. It is ALWAYS a failure of an international manufacturer that causes the accident - never poor airmanship, inept training, incompetance, lack of awareness, old aircraft/equipment or general uselessness. Every crash is due to engine failure too - or as one pilot put it "he had too much air in the fuel system". Gear up landings are always due to faulty gear - never a pilot forgetting to put the gear down in the first place.

And so on. Crass reporting is only the start of the fiasco. Watch for the key phrases and read between the lines - you might just get a clearer picture.