PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dubai New SID STARS debate
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2012, 08:36
Guy D'ageradar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think it's a question of whether we want to embrace the procedures - more a complete change in mindset.

example - although you may not believe it, most of us want to provide the best sevice that we can with the limited resources available (eg airspace, procedures and equipment). However, we have now been firmly instructed that we are expected to leave pretty much every aircraft to fly the complete STAR /SID - so that even if we could (and normally would) offer, for example, direct UKRIM - we are now expected to ensure that you fly the extra 60 miles or so that the full STAR provides. We are told that this is what the airlines want, so that track miles to touchdown are precise but something tells me there's a bit of misunderstanding in there somewhere.....forgive me if I return to my metaphor of doing ATC with both hands manacled behind the back - doesn't seem like providing much of a service to me either!

Be assured that we will be striving to find the best way to use these procedures to the benefit of all but our choices may be very limited indeed.