PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dallas Dispute - Qantas Crew stood down.
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2012, 00:07
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking

SO speak up more these days ever since the Qantas 747 parked itself in the golf course a few years ago. The SO said nothing and lost his job.
I'm pretty sure that's incorrect. I've never heard of the S/O losing his job. It'd be a pretty big deal amongst our crew if that were the case.

Isn't the Qantas psychometric, NASA selection testing supposed to weed out this kind of thing?
Very good question Sand Dune Sam. Maybe the QF pprune armchair solicitors can answer this one. Keg, Livs hairdresser etc. care to comment?
Sure. A number of QF pilots were employed well before they started to use psychometric testing. I don't know who this Captain is (or the S/O for that matter) but he wouldn't be the first fruit loop to grace the QF flight decks if he's a 'known' person.

Of course there is the possibility here that the media has it very, very wrong- wouldn't be the first time- so perhaps I'll reserve judgement on the situation until I actually know what happened.

Contrary to popular belief, QF pilots don't consider themselves perfect. If recent PPRUNE contributions are evidence though, on par though we seem to demonstrate more rationalisation skills than small groups from other airlines- particularly the silver and orange part of the group.

Last edited by Keg; 21st Aug 2012 at 00:13.