PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 8
Thread: Ryanair - 8
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2012, 17:46
Jamie2k9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please can you give any hints as to whether FR are likely to expand again at MAN for Summer 2013 and if so what new routes if asny are being considered?

Thanks, DomyDom
Don't think it will be the 6 a/c as MOL claimed at launch just because it remains two for winter. Wonder how MAG feel about FR breaking the deal and could fail to meet there target but it happens at most airports FR talk about big plans but most of the time they don't happen. There is a few routes being dropped from October and they are not the seasonal type so unlightly to return which leaves a few gaps.

Flights with no taxes & charges manily tend to be weak routes and on routes with high compitation as well as large number of flights. Take routes between IRL-UK, if they had taxes and charges charged then the flights would be empty, I know some they charge full fare depending when booked etc. Example:

Dublin-Manchester - €36 taxes
Manchester-Dublin - €41.86 taxes
That is before all EU/FR extras

I would say the IRL-UK flights have the higest no show rates. Would say there is low numbers who claim taxes back as its an effort and most people couldn't be bothered doing it but I could be wrong.

Last edited by Jamie2k9; 18th Aug 2012 at 17:58.