PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oban/Glenforsa News
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2012, 14:10
silverknapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To address air polices list

1. Same as most airports. No big deal. If you don't like it don't go.
2. Maybe inconvenient but I guess it's their trainset. Indeed if you think about it the AFS are them primed for any incidents which may occur on start.
3. Most places are PPR now. What's the big deal? Do you not know where your going before you leave? Anytime I've called 30 mins before eta they still take me.
4. Fair point. But all the PK lovers should note this was down to his lobbying the airport.

I've plenty complaints about the whole overhaul of the place, waste of cash etc. but it's here now so we have to live with it. The staff there all seem decent, and are just doing their jobs. At the end of the day it's still in the same place.

And it has never been allowed to have a fair chance at attracting business due to the crap about fences. Who was that down to?

Seems to me more than one party has to share responsibility for any issues. Yet all anyone cares about is bloody jammy dodgers.

There are plenty on here who enjoy stirring up the masses for their own gain. As an example WW has issues with certain airfield managers, as any locals know too well. It is quite amusing reading between the lines of 90% of the crap on here knowing what goes on behind the scenes.

I'd vote for closing this waste of bandwidth. Perhaps have a feedback thread where people who have actually gone there recently and not 2/4/6 years ago can perhaps help the Oban staff either up their game or at least be aware of any genuine issues.

Rant over!

Last edited by silverknapper; 18th Aug 2012 at 14:12.