PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 8
Thread: Ryanair - 8
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2012, 11:06
racedo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well it has occurred to me that is this a tactic to avoid passengers claiming refunds for taxes and charges and loading these costs into the normal fare or other fees they charge? This would mean that since the largest amount of no shows are the ones that were booked on flights with no taxes and charges, they do not have to pay a refund.
And your data on largest amount of no shows comes from where please ? or are you making a guess ?

As they don't make refunds for no shows not sure why its an issue.

Its like No VAT payable on something you buy in the shop, something to persuade a buyer to buy at that price.

Its a Promotional mechanic that is used and probably sounds nice to the buyer that great I'm not paying tax.

Perhaps this has been discussed before but since it always seems to be on the lowest fares it is a refund avoidance measure.

Ryanair supporters feel free to defend the rationale. MOL would certainly have a strong case to explain that it is another example of FR being lowest fares etc. So no doubt his followers will mirror this.
As refunds take in a charge then not sure why its an avoidance scheme.

I have no data but would suggest that even with the legacy carriers the number of actual refunds on taxes are actually very very small so its pretty much a non issue.

I personally know nobody who has ever claimed back taxes from a flight they didn't turn up for, that takes in all carriers.

Its a not worth the hassle kind of thing...................you will always get some, but they the ones who calculate interest to the nearest penny and complain to the bank.

I also very much doubt that MO'L is aware of what promotion is happening, where. The exception being very very large promotions i.e. 99cent/pence ones as thats why the marketing and pricing department is there for. Given promotions happening in different countries every week, why would he, aside from knowing one is happening he doesn't need the detail ?

Last edited by racedo; 18th Aug 2012 at 11:08.