PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAA Military Accreditation
View Single Post
Old 15th Aug 2012, 21:48
LFFC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, it's not completely irrelevant. I know you've been discussing EASA and Aerobatics on another forum, but there really is a military accreditation issue here.

Although I've only scanned the new version of CAP804, it appears that from next month, only those holding an Aerobatics Rating will be permited to perform aerobatics in the civilian world. Moreover, only those FIs with the "no aerobatics" restriction lifted and who hold an Aerobatics Rating will be permitted to teach aerobatics.

I'm not sure if there is going to be a period of grace on that rule, because at the moment, nobody holds an Aerobatics Rating - it doesn't exist. From what I understand, current holders of an AOPA Aerobatics Certificate, and FIs who have had the "no aerobatics" restriction lifted, will be automatically issued an Aerobatics Rating when it comes into force. Everyone else will have to pay to be checked out and rated.

It's going to be interesting to see how that works out because I suspect that there are lots of ex-military fast-jet pilots out there who have never bothered with the AOPA certificate and aren't instructors. Without accreditation of their military experience, it looks like they are going to have to put their hand in their pocket to get a new rating if they want to turn themselves upside down.

Last edited by LFFC; 15th Aug 2012 at 21:52.