PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The future of UK SAR, post SAR-H
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2012, 18:32
Thomas coupling

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Methinks you might be one of them too
They are very low down in the pecking order for such a contract as this as to be almost imperceptable with the naked eye
Contracts like this incorporate numerous strategic inputs: have the successful incumbents got a good track record in this line of work? Will they deliver? Can they guarantee spares? Are they robust enough in the eyes of the CAA/EASA?
Is the airframe futureproof? Will there be work for the british unemployed?
Is the deal for 20 x EcSH1392's a good long term deal? Can the public pay for it on favourable lease terms? On and on and on...None of which can be answered by several hairy ex pussers or crabs who know nothing else but to drive them!
Look at the previous lesson to show you what I mean:
Would the average SME recommend CHC after the SARH debacle. Surely their "advice" to the DfT/MCA would be: "Don't trust these guys". Yet...who is on the short list for a second bite at the cherry??? And who will NOT be persecuted in any shape or form for what happened last time: CHC.
It's not what you know old boy...it's WHO YOU KNOW and how they develop that relationship (short of corruption).

Look around you - show me a MoD/McA/DfT/government contract that's gone smoothly and I'll show you a contract where the SME's have been listened to!!!
Enjoy your SME'ing............................and welcome to the tribe