PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - APP Scheme at Oxford
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2003, 13:47
no sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ap220Oxford,

My understanding is that you have to go through a selection process (which is currently happening) before being taken onto an APP course (which first commences in March). I presume that since you are partly way through your integrated course, then you will have to 'upgrade' to the APP course?

The APP course sounds interesting, but to me, I think I would find that it devalues the integrated course, which is the jewel in Oxfords crown today. I would be extremely relunctant to go through their selection processes for the APP, be rejected (for whatever reason) and then go onto their integrated course. I would be a tarnished individual in both mine and their eyes.

By definition, they are saying that any contacts that are made to Oxford, the APP grads will be put forward, then the integrated individuals.

BAe tried it some years ago, and it didn't work.

I'm sure their branding manager has thought of these issues, and they have a suitable response?

The £72K includes accomodation, and the JOC course, plus time on their SIM. The actual basic course is the £60K, £7k more than the basic cost for the integrated one.

I'll be sticking to the integrated course: my finances can stretch to that. (Notwithstanding the fact that I couldn't make the application to the APP couse via their internet page due to some unknown technical error - there's a hidden message in there...).