PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - C210 Time
Thread: C210 Time
View Single Post
Old 8th Jan 2003, 12:18
Mile High Society

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is a pressurised turbo charged 210.. I am not sure what the rated horse power is but that could possibly explain the extra ooomph...

To clear up a point... UPN and BIL, both KLA machines, were side by side in the speed department and quite clearly held the speed bar high. I am aware of one occasion when UPN was TAS ing 169 knots at TOC after an MTOW departure. Took of last and made 7500 feet first, and then blew 4 other 210's away... Good machine.. Ex MAF plane I believe. Besides the above, it should also be noted that BIL lost its nerve with a recent engine change as I understand it... much in accordance with VNEII's statement about the 210's ability to gain and lose performance as time passes.

The schimitar is the swept back blade, as far as performance goes, it has better take off and apparently climb performance (I am not convinced about the climb performance bit) but they are also a few knots slower than the Mcauley blades..

Hope I have been helpful.....

PS... How you goin up there Giddy up.... Alls well I hope.. I give you a call in a few days...

Last edited by Mile High Society; 8th Jan 2003 at 13:16.