PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Training College - Florida Ops closure
Old 2nd Aug 2012, 23:01
pilotbear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstly, Irelander you have got it spot on...
Secondly, 'the hairdresser and captain fantastic' sounds like a movie!

Now in answer to the post earlier..

MARK ROBERTSON - failed pilot. He was the worst student i had in 10 years of instructing. The only person who I gave up on with the CPL course. Never passed an instrument rating. Excuse after excuse of non performance master . Came over to Florida once for PTC and spent the whole trip while all his colleagues were working pretending to be sick and going to Hooters.

Dana Davies - (Isn't that a girls name?) Never ever been a pilot of any sort whatsoever, nearest he got to aviation was the passenger compartment of an easy jet 737 to Malaga. I thought he was a hairdresser actually.

Sinead O'Marcaigh - Telecoms saleswoman. Knows nothing about aviation except how to lie to get money out of people. A true Edgeworth disciple except....she and Edgeworth are 'partners' even though he is still married and have been for many years as you all know....or didn't they tell you that?

Anything else you want to know?
If you encounter any of these people trying to sell you something run away screaming!

Regarding paying up front, it happened like this;
Method 1,
The students paid money into a holding account and started training. Then at critical moments in the training when the student couldn't say no..(this was all planned in advance) they would get a phone call or email from Sinead or Siobhan or one of the other sales team depending how short of money the Ponzi scheme was saying training was suspended and threatening and YES I mean threatening, to terminate the 'student' from the program ( in Florida the threat that the student would be sent home with no refund) unless they paid in more money to top up the account.
Method 2,
PTC would deliberately over-bill the students and ONLY pay the money back if the student noticed.
Many tried to alert students on here to method 2 while it was happening but the moderator who was clearly allied with edgeworth ( no, not <..>) cut the posts and sent me rude and threatening emails.
Hope he is sleeping soundly now these kids have had their money stolen!

I know for an absolute fact that there are many students that this happened to, I wonder if any of them has the to post to confirm or are you all going to be first officers all your lives...any true Captains out there?

A320 renewal - you are a

Last edited by pilotbear; 3rd Aug 2012 at 00:06.