PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HELP!(with ATPL Modular Training)
View Single Post
Old 6th Jan 2003, 08:06
FlyingForFun

Why do it if it's not fun?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have no personal knowledge of Oxford, so what I'm about to say is based on what I've read here, and from talking to others. But, IM(V)HO, they are the best school there is for residential theory courses and integrated courses, and the second best for distance learning courses. The reason some people may feel bitter - and I believe it is a very small minority of people - is because many airlines who (used to) sponsor pilots put them through Oxford's integrated course. As a result, there is a feeling that Oxford students "have jobs lined up for them". Not only is this completely untrue, it's also wouldn't be a valid reason to resent a school even if it were true.

The best school for distance learning, IMHO, is Bristol. That's who I'm doing my ATPLs with, and I haven't got any complaints about them at all. The notes are superb, the instructors are brilliant. Of course, just because they were the best for my personal circumstances, doesn't mean they'll be the best for you. But I'm certain that if you choose Bristol you'll have no complaints.

It sounds like you've done your research and picked out some of the best schools around. They're going to be hard to choose between!

Good luck!

FFF
-------------