PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford V The other Modular Schools
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2003, 14:15
Tosh McCaber

I've just read through this thread, and am very disappointed on coming across the reply from WWW. It is penned in a vitriolic and infamatory manner, unbecoming of a moderator. The implication was that, if you'r a student pilot who has gone through an ab initio full time course, that you will leave, thinking that the world owes you a living. I think you closed a thread the other day to stop inflammtory comments....

Whilst it is well known that WWW did it the modular route, I know of very few Oxford et al students who put their school's reputation before there own abilities.

In fact, coming back to the subject, I think that the vast majority of graduates, ab-initio or modular, in the last year, are still scratching for jobs, which are virtually non- existant at present. Considering that the ab- initio graduates are finishing with 180 hours, they are not well placed in the present (virtually non- existant) job market. Whilst instructing is a possibility, at further additional cost, to get this total up to the minimum of 500 hours demanded as minimum by quite a few airlines would cost a further £15000 to £30000 in hour building.