PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA medical delay
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2012, 23:35
Spinner73

Location: On my way to 37*55'27.29"S, 144*45'12.28"E... Again.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The woman at Avmed CASA was lovely and very helpful
I think that's something worth remembering when we're dealing with such departments. The poor folks at the coalface are spending their days dealing with concerned, if not mildly irate, pilots who are being royally stuffed about. And while it certainly isn't our fault, it almost universally isn't the fault of the call centre operator, either. Pretty sure they'd rather not have to deal with this stuff, either.
And sure, you'll occasionally strike an "Expert in the Application of Corporal Punishment to (Smaller) Primates", but by and large the guys and gals on the magic tellingbone seem to be doing their best. The problem lays, methinks, somewhere higher up the chain. The rejigs suggested all have merit.
Thankfully, my medical (finally) turned up - but I'm still worried about what'll happen the next time, because it was clearly not an isolated incident.
The point is to remember: You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar. Of course that's wrong too, because as we all know you'll catch more flies with .

Perhaps AOPA could take up the cause?