PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - US PPL Visa advice needed
View Single Post
Old 3rd Oct 2001, 22:41
Naples Air Center, Inc.
The Oracle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QUERY,

You know exactly who I am. You know I own a JAA Flight School in the Florida. You know I offer the M-1 Visa to my students. You know that I have been advising students in this Forum for several months. You also know I give information on programs that will assist them, even when I do NOT offer the program myself.

Due to the current conditions in the U.S., if you are going to fly here, get a visa. The immigration people that will greet you at the airport know nothing about flying. They have the power to let you in or send you back home. Would you want to argue with an immigration officer, who knows nothing about aviation? The difference is between what you will be doing and what the law will allow you to do?

This is not the world of September 10, 2001. During this time Immigration will lean on the side of caution. If they are not sure, you are going to be going back home. In six months it should settle down, but right now, get a Visa. Don't chance it. One of my students tried this 'non visa' method and was not allowed to travel until he had a visa.

I will post a thread this evening with all the blanks in the M-1 Visa, so people can see what is involved.

Happy Flying,

Capt. Richard J. Gentil, Pres.
Naples Air Center, Inc.