PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cirrus Chute Pull, 4 Survive landing in trees, 22/07/12
Old 27th Jul 2012, 17:32
007helicopter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Despite some of the drivel I think it is a worthwhile topic for discussion because there are plenty of Cirrus Drivers out there who could benefit from being a member of COPA and specific training on why and when to use the Chute, so if nothing else these threads may be thought provoking and lead some of them to seek out more information.

In very broad round numbers I believe around half of Cirrus owners belong to COPA yet 75% of fatal accidents in Cirrus are non COPA members. (It is something like this but I will update if to far out)

Maybe a COPA member who is prepared to spend the measly $75.00 is a more likely person to go on additional safety training, and maybe COPA members read all the accident reports and learn from them, I do not know the reason's but this is roughly as it is.

Also another point as this thread is likely coming to an end, There have been in Total 96 Fatal's and 36 CAPS pulls that saved lives, with more training and focus on when to use the Chute I wish those numbers were reversed....

The Chute so far has had 100% success when used within designed criteria.