PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IR conversion deadline
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2012, 07:54
2close

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the info Linda,

Interestingly, I also have written confirmation from the Licensing & Training Standards Policy of the United Kingdom, Civil Aviation Authority which clearly states that the only credits available for an IR conversion are by doing an integrated CPL/IR (which we both know is totally pointless) or the 10 hours credited from holding an EASA Part-FCL CPL / BIFM Course Completion Certificate.

This obviously contradicts what you've been informed (contradictory information coming out of the CAA - unheard of surely!). May I suggest we put our collective heads together to get this sorted as our students are seriously hacked off with the uncertainty. I'll drop you a PM with my contact details.

Whilst I sincerly hope that your correspondence carries far more weight than mine, what I do note from your post is that it states:

"2. Applicants for Part–FCL licences already holding at least an equivalent licence, rating or certificate...."

We are talking about an applicant for a rating NOT a licence and personally I feel it is inexcusable that it is not stated clearly within the applicable Regulation, AMC, GM or CAP 804 (). It's not rocket science to put things in clear, unequivocal terms.

Hopefully, speak later.