PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 8
Thread: MANCHESTER - 8
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2012, 18:31
Ernest Lanc's

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pwalhx
I should add I never said previous events at different airports havent been reported, they have and dealt with outside the glare of publicity.
OK..don't we have a right to know then?..Not un-reported. just covered up.
Originally Posted by pwalhx
It would frighten you if you knew the number of
security warnings Manchester and other airports get in a year, despite that people in their 10's of millions fly from british airports quite safel
pwalhx - How many of these security warnings are hoaxes?...Look when I flying I never think a plane will come down, i never think of terrorism..I bet the pax at 9/11 never thought so either.
I agree millions fly every year unharmed, of course you are right..And that probably remain the case.
Originally Posted by 750XL
Where exactly is 'security concerned' in this case? Please tell me what harm this 11 year old young chap could've caused?
I don't believe this..He could well have been 12/13 or 14..He might have had a plastic knife that would have caused panic, who knows?..I don't.

Hey: Had an adult done what this lad had done, they would have been in the chockey, quick time.

In this case the media have gone after the easy pickings - ie the airport, airline and staff. There would have been an up roar if they accused the child of doing anything wrong.
You can't blame the press, you can blame the 11 year old boy though, and so can the police.

Last edited by Ernest Lanc's; 26th Jul 2012 at 18:35.