PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 8
Thread: MANCHESTER - 8
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2012, 17:47
Mr Mac

Received 159 Likes on 99 Posts
I use two NW airports (Man & LPL) and have noted that out of the 2 Manchester has had issues with security in the past 12 months on a number of occasions. They are I believ under watch having let 3 a/c from european destinations off load with out clearing immigration within last 12 months. There have been other issues as well. Liverpool does not seem to suffer to the same degree after they changed there security supplier. I do not want to get into the debate re Liverpool or Manchester as I am from Yorkshire and realy I am not that bothered with the tribal differances between these 2 cities. However having said that I have noticed a decline in the Manchester offering recently, and an up swing in that offered by Liverpool.

My main gripes with Machester are parking fees (luckly EK drop me off and pick me up on most trips). Baggage delv times - record for me 1hr 30min - world record holder in my travels and has been that way since it was known as Ringway, and has never improved. Some of the structures are becoming very tired T2 quite shabby, and T3 going same way. T2 ok currently but a bit shopping mall like. Also noticed toilets missing seats on a number of occassions - where do they go even in T2 lounges !!. As a premier gate way they need to raise the bar.

Liverpool security were misrable and jobs worths but have improved. Terminal ok but again tired - why do Brits never clean buildings externaly or very well internaly. Immigration has been ok for me, but it is quite small ,and must get very crowded when football charters are in with larger a/c. But over all for a LOCO center, for that is what it is, it is not bad.