PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 8
Thread: MANCHESTER - 8
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2012, 12:46
avturboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a regular business pax travelling through MAN I have no great concerns about overall security there; clearly on this occasion a mistakes have been made in passenger handling, it will be investigated and lessons will be learnt. Don't really see the point in all the speculation, the mistakes have occurred, in a system staffed by people that is always going to be a possibility (highly remote - we hope). Let the mistakes be investigated by folks who job it is to do that.

I accept the notion put forward by some that there is no likelihood of this mistake happening to an adult passenger. Having passed through security scanning the lad was not identified as 'carrying anything', therefore regardless of the right & wrongs of his boarding the aircraft he was not a security threat so from that point of view 'security' have done there job, it is other aspects of passenger handling that have gone wrong.

From my regular travels through other UK airports I think this set of circumstances could just as easily have happened elsewhere, I don't think it is a reflection on the Manchester as such. Airline staff and handling agents are working under pressure up and down the land ... (I am neither)

Last edited by avturboy; 26th Jul 2012 at 12:52.