PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cirrus Chute Pull, 4 Survive landing in trees, 22/07/12
Old 26th Jul 2012, 10:54
007helicopter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Most light aircraft have a max speed to freefall the gear, I am interested to know if a speed is quoted in the Piper PoH ?
have not flown one for years so I am personally not aware.

At the time I was unaware of actually what the problem was, we heard a very loud bang when raising the under carriage which was the ram shearing, I did not know what the problem was at the time other than only 2 greens and the tower saying the nose wheel was hanging down when we did a low pass, now I know it falls with gravity at slower speeds I would be better equipped to deal with.

Back to this thread I personally feel the chute although 10 year + technology now is still not understood or accepted as a viable and very worthwhile bit of kit on a GA aircraft and tars the pilots who are positive about it as in some incompetent or lacking training etc.

With the massive success of Cirrus compared to any other make on the planet
you would assume other manufacturers would wish to take this existing & proven technology on board to compete by making it a standard?