PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 8
Thread: MANCHESTER - 8
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2012, 22:41
Ernest Lanc's

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can be sure all you like, but until today Jet2's policy was to only do head counts when boarding via steps. When boarding via an Airbridge, it was accepted that the checks through the gate were suitable enough. Thomson operate a similar policy.
Well I have been headcounted by Jet2 and FR for that matter, with FR this year.
I will not argue the point about the Airbridge as I am not 100% sure.

Makes no difference anyway..This kid should have been head counted at the gate, so what's the difference?.

If there was a discrepancy at the gate, which there should have been..There would have been a secondary headcount on the aircraft.

Also how did this child get though security?.. You drop your bag of, you go to security where adults and children show their documents..Then off to the departure lounge..have a pint and go to gate when ready.

You show your passport at gate, your boarding pass is ripped in half..You go to aircraft..You show your boarding pass with open passport..

The child had no documents whatsoever, yet is able to deceive MAN security and Jet2 gate and aircraft staff.

This kinda proves my point.
Five airline staff suspended after youngster was able to board Jet2.com flight without boarding pass or passport
Rome alone: 11-year-old boy flies from Manchester to Italy without ticket | UK news | guardian.co.uk

Have airport security staff been suspended also I wonder?.

Last edited by Ernest Lanc's; 25th Jul 2012 at 22:42.