PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Networks Fokker 100's!!
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2012, 05:25
2bigmellons

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are you talking about T&Cs, the actual recruiting/interview process, or both? What was shambolic in your view? I'm only curious because you suggest that the higher time guys are saying 'no thanks' because one or all of those things is in your view, not acceptable. The reality would suggest otherwise, and to answer your second question, and its a guess at best because I don't know exactly how many hours each and every guy has, but based on knowledge of their careers and age I would estimate the new FOs would average 2000 jet hours, ranging from at least 800 hours on jet right up to 10,000 for 2 or 3 of them. As for the captains, I would say anywhere from 5000 hours jet upwards. As someone mentioned months ago (and many didn't believe it), they have recruited guys (captains and FOs) from Jetstar, Dragon, Ryanair, Mango, to name a few, so I'm struggling to see the validity in your comments, with due respect. Indeed your expereicne may have been a bad one, I'm not discrediting you, but it was your experience, not that of every person that attempted to get a job there.