PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fatal crash pilot should not have flown: coroner
Old 4th Jan 2003, 09:26
Square Bear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sipreck

I have to seriously wonder how much you know about aviation, or whether you you have a certain angle to all this.

You deem the WA Police Service as being incompetent in the running of a Fixed Wing Unit but then in the same breath consider them okay to run Rotary.

Just in case you were not aware of it, rotary:-

Cost more in intial costs, more in training, more in maintenance, more in crew training, etc etc etc and when I say more I mean much much more.

Now you reckon they can't run a C310 safely how do you resile that comment with allowing them to operate Rotary in the demanding role of Polair and Ambo ops.

Let me assure you, any organisation that can do that, could run fixed wing on their ear.

I also take note of one of your previous comments and can no longer hold back from commenting on it.

On more than one occassion the op's manager or Chief Pilot in the companies I have worked, have said NO to us the Pilots, which at the time really piissed us off becuase we took it personally and a slight on our abillities, not to mention the log book hours being missed out on.
Good Grief.

I hope your OPSO/CP wiped your botty as well.