PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Scotland would get 18 fast jets plus 26 helos if it splits
Old 23rd Jul 2012, 05:22
MFC_Fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmm. I would have thought that was obvious. Her Majesty would no longer be Queen of Scots after independance. If you wish to leave the Union, why would you expect the Union to GIVE you stuff. If you want the use of STUFF, stay, if you want to go it alone, go ahead. Just don't expect the remainder of Great Britain to continue to prop you up. OR GIVE YOU ANY STUFF. All that military hardware is UK/GB property; leave the UK/GB and leave the benefits behind.

The choice is yours.
First off, the choice is not mine as I no longer live in Scotland, but if I did I am certainly NOT in favour of independence and so would not vote for it.

Secondly - Why would Her Majesty no longer be the Queen of Scots? It was King James VI of Scots that united the crowns when he also became King James I of England on the death of the childless Queen Elizabeth I of England. The present royal family can be traced back to that point so the present Queen Elizabeth is equally Queen Elizabeth I of Scots as she is Queen Elizabeth II of England - separation will not alter that fact, just like independence of the multitude of Commonwealth states did not prevent her from remaining their Queen.

Last edited by MFC_Fly; 23rd Jul 2012 at 05:27.