PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Canadian CHPL from Indian CHPL
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2012, 21:58
idle stop

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
You need a sponsor company to get the LMO for you, then you apply for a Validation...though in the longer term you'll need to convert your licence to a Canadian one. The LMO is easier to get if you have unique or sought-after qualifications.
I tutor part-time for the International Test Pilot School; so, as you might gather, I have unusual qualifiactions as a test pilot and test pilot instructructor, but my validation (and I'm on the second annual one now) does not restrict me to 'private' privileges: although it does specify who I work for.
Incidentally, I would concur with whoever it was that gave CHTA/Zimmer Air Services at St Thomas a positive endorsement. ITPS use their helicopters, and IMHO they are very well maintained. (They have R22, R44, B206 and AS355, plus an approved synthetic trainer.) And CHTA are friendly guys too. I have dealt with Tim and Kevin there, and recommend them.
A LMO should translate to a TWP with Visa. Residency is a whole other topic, and as for Citizenship, you'll have to be there a goodly few years before you can apply!

Last edited by idle stop; 21st Jul 2012 at 22:03.