PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ABERDEEN
Thread: ABERDEEN
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2012, 21:15
ABZ FLYER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I see that someone has asked on the Airport's Twitter if they will ever get a link to Faro, Portugal again. To which they replied

[QUOTE]We are working every single day on leisure options, speaking to all manner of airlines, and yes Faro is on the radar[\QUOTE]

I'm not sure whether this is another post from an airport living in fantasy land (who thinks that making Tenerife and Palma year-round is listening to the people or if they genuinely are close to more announcements for Summer 13! What I can't understand is that if they are working with airlines every single day why has there been no major announcements since Frankfurt last year!

I suppose it isn't just a case about getting new routes, it is also a case of improving facilities. I still can't believe we only have two baggage belts and the terminal is still the same shape and size as it was 10 years ago. Apart from the runway extension no money has been invested in the infrastructure of ABZ. Most airports the size of this one has either redeveloped their terminals or started from scratch with a new terminal (I.e Bristol or Liverpool). I remember being told by a ADM that they were really concerned about handling three 757s in the space of an hour, one peak day last year, as it would flood the terminal building! And look at the carry they have if an aircraft larger than a 757 does land!