PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R112: Are you going?
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2012, 21:50
BackPacker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know if this has been reported or not. I was flying EHRD-EGSF yesterday. Essentially DCT, so not anywhere near the R112. But I was in contact with London Info and heard a lot of conversations between them and various aircraft headed that way.

London Info asked these aircraft, as they were coasting in over DVR, for their authorization code, and came back a few minutes later with the Atlas squawk and contact frequency. So they had already coordinated things over the landline, which really smoothed things out for the aircraft concerned. Which was particularly nice given the weather conditions. So thumbs up for London Info.

Didn't help the pilots of the Dutch aircraft headed to Biggin Hill without authorization though. But London Info, with its usual infinite patience, explained them that, no, they could not continue and had to divert to their designated alternate (Lydd) who sure would be able to sort out their onwards route to Biggin for them. How many NOTAMs do you have to miss before you can set off for Biggin, blissfully unaware of anything happening in the London area?