PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ABERDEEN
Thread: ABERDEEN
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2012, 21:38
ABZ FLYER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I take it this is what the big announcement was, that they were speaking about on their Twitter feed !!

What happened to the new routes which were promised for the summer season with the introduction of the new runway extension?

We haven't had any significant route announcements, with any new airlines or new destinations not already served by existing carriers, since Lufthansa introduced Frankfurt last winter.

Given the large polish population residing in Aberdeen, I am really surprised that we have yet to see a direct link to Warsaw either by Wizz, or even LOT (since Lufthansa and SAS both belong to Star Alliance also). Also, everything seems to have gone quiet on the Jet2 front. It must have been nearly 3 years since FlyGlobespan collapsed, I would have thought we would have seen another carrier try a similar operation, since theirs seem to work quite well!

I overheard two ground staff in Frankfurt, whilst I was waiting for a recent flight, say something about how busy the Aberdeen flight was and how it was really performing well (given that Skyteam has 8 or 9 rotations to Paris and Amsterdam already) and that Lufthansa were looking at possibly Munich and Berlin.

Are we likely to see any new flights for Summer 2013? We dont seem to have had a Cyprus flight for the last few seasons (Since Eurocypria & Helios ran a regular weekly service back in 2003/4), and neither have we had any direct services to Greece.