PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R112: Are you going?
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2012, 21:09
Hants Eaglet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R112 first experience

Thanks peterh337 for the lesson in flight planning! Me, 40 years flying and also working professionally in aviation, but rather rusty at filling in the forms and done in a rush this morning (big mistake). But, joy of joys, all worked out in the end far better than expected. ATLAS sent all the messages by text and internet in good time, all the controllers (about 3 per trip including Farnborough radar itself) performed well considering only the second day of operation. My advice, again get it right first time to avoid problems, do it all in good time and perhaps if you're doing multiple flight plans add your own unique for each plan reference in the RMK field to ensure you cancel the correct one if you have to. Or use Sky Demon or another handy internet tool to do it all for you the simple way.

Talked to some people who had difficulty getting into the initial contact freq due to congestion today, but no problems for me. I'm sure it will get even better as the system beds in. Seemed quiet in the air and at the airfield today considering the break in the weather, I wonder if people have been scared off by the perceived hassle.