PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 15th Jul 2012, 19:52
Jetlad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All very valid points Mad Jock but I guess one individual's dream is another person's nightmare. Flying interests all of us for many reasons, we all share a passion for the sky etc etc but after a while is that enough? Some people take the rose tinted specs off and look at the profession more realistically. All the examples of success you've cited here don't really inspire me. Like many of my peers I looked at flying as a decent career proposition and I felt that paying for a quality training product would be the best way of getting where I wanted quickly. Obviously I paid more and obviously not everyone can afford that, that's not the debate. I'm arguing the corner for those that could afford it, coughed up, worked hard and achieved what they wanted without a mentorship. I resent being branded a naive fool and I think you need to be a little less blinkered with your views. It really doesn't paint the modular fraternity you so passionately represent in the best light.

Last edited by Jetlad; 16th Jul 2012 at 19:31.