PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Consistently smooth landings C210
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2012, 14:15
jas24zzk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tomrut

Makeithappens post following mine, made really go back over the thread, and think back to advice given to me over the years.

I have a lil 210 time, less than you. I didn't find it an overly difficult aeroplane to land. I took the advice given to me by a qualified test pilot, and that was learn the numbers and do everything as you would normally do. It's an aeroplane, and if you get the numbers right then it will do what the manufacturer says it will. Magically my landings improved.

Happens post pointed me back to what I alluded to in my post. The 210 is no mystery ship. You know how to land an aeroplane, otherwise you wouldn't have a CPL. Go back to your basics...the stuff that you know that works, and go from there.

Failing that, the guy that is giving you ICUS, pound him for input about what is going wrong for you. Given he hasn't said too much, its either bugger all, or he wants you to work it out, or be man enough to ask...

ICUS is a funny thing. Many pilots see it as a chore...the smart ones use it to pick the brains of the guy watching. If he has nothing to offer, then ask for a new ICUS commander so you do learn something.

Jas