PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Consistently smooth landings C210
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2012, 12:01
framer

Received 482 Likes on 130 Posts
I wouldn't listen to most of what's on here. Don't wind in trim and don't land the thing with power on. If you avoid getting the basics right by doing these things then one day you might be landing on a short slippery strip with a gusty 20kt crosswind that decides to go quartering tail and it'll end up ugly.
Just keep practicing. Looking down to the end of the strip is good advice.
I bet if you do that by the time you have 100hrs on it (not much really) you will be as good as wood.
Also, those home made techniques won't transfer to bigger faster cleaner aircraft and that means you'll have to learn the basics when you are transferring onto a machine that won't tolerate errors of judgement as well as the 210. That's the last thing you want to be concentrating on when starting a new job.
If I were in your shoes ( and I was ten years ago) I would decide to re assess at 100 hours. Why don't you come back on this thread at 100hours and tell us how you are going, I bet you'll be fine. Good luck and don't fly through any thunderstorms between now and then (that was my biggest mistake!)