PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch - 3
Thread: Monarch - 3
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2012, 06:07
lagerlout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This forum really is quite funny because people have such blinkered about certain things....

If i was a loyal EMA pax and took the decision to fly MON at the end of the summer for the first time then ended up flying on a an Aurela 733 to Malaga would it dim my opinion of Monarch???

There are no issues with flying older aircraft that have been maintained and refurbished but having had the displeasure of flying in an Aurela 733 before pax will feel like they are in a Alfred Hitchcock film, its terrible. I hope they put a couple of MON crew with the Aurela crews on to facilitate the on board service or that will leave an even worse taste in the mouth.

As for cost, dont let anyone on here try and convince themselves that this isn't go and cost a pretty penny because it will ( despite what is often revered commercial savvy of the airline). But then recent years have proven the Profit doesn't appear to be the a massive motivation for the company.

There is no doubt that this is a massive commercial gamble and could do more to erode what is an by in large an excellent perception of MON than allow them to gain a foothold in new markets? Lets wait and see... it should be an interesting end to the summer.

Good luck