PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter PPL
Thread: Helicopter PPL
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2012, 10:56
Pittsextra

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Hi Senior Pilot,

Thanks I'll run through the FAQ's etc. I'm not sure if its because a lot of you are professional pilots and been there done that, or if in the course of time all the issues have been ironed out and I've missed them but some the Robinson shunts really seemed a worry; what I didn't want the Rotorhead guys to think is that I'm baiting Robinson pilots, etc!!

As you can see even from the post here - people get sensitive when you suggest that XYZ could be more dangerous!

Obviously there is no accounting for people doing stupid things either with the controls or ignoring the weather but some these R22/44 shunts seem beyond that - or at least whilst I can find the report on the initial shunt I can't seem to find any concluding data. In particular the R22 accident G-PUDD and the German R44 accidents of D-HTOP, D-HPHS, and D-HFSD - all seem to be lost in similar circumstances, and a NTSB report.

http://www.rotorshop.com/sir9603.pdf

I know there was some outcome that suggested specific R22/44 training but still some of those aircraft lost were with pilots with reasonable time on type...