PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fatal crash pilot should not have flown: coroner
Old 1st Jan 2003, 09:54
Wagit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shipreck

I agree with you up til the point that the pilot climbs in the cockpit and takes off….

The company management has a responsibility to ensure the pilot is competent in the job they have assigned him and responsible for the aircraft being serviceable. But in the end the pilot gets in the aircraft and takes off.

One of the biggest problems with most of today’s young pilots flying GA is they don’t know how to say No to the boss.

Or they are to sacred to say No…… "If I say no I get the sack and they will spread the word that I’m no good" etc etc……

It is simple why would you won’t to work for an operator who constantly puts your life at risk

Maybe you are one of those pilots that keeps a dairy with all the illegal things your boss makes you do so when you move on you can put him in…… Possible get more money out of him, maybe a bit of revenge.

Instead of having a industry of GA pilots trying to stab each other in the back for another twin hour and just maybe if we all stuck together and occasionally said No to the boss, then the operator would be forced to lift his game………..