PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - It's On: Iran Closes Straits Of Hormuz, Oil Explodes
Old 9th Jul 2012, 06:41
chuks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
General Sherman said that war is hell, which about sums it up, I think. Much later, someone said that opening up a can of whoop-ass is great, but you have to be careful not to get any on you. That's simply rephrasing Sherman, I think.

The people at the top play geopolitics and the people at the bottom pay the price, even some child herding goats, for instance. The question there seems to be, 'What is a seven year-old child guilty of? Is growing up in Nazi Germany enough to legitimize being attacked?' If you are a 'revisionist' then the answer seems to be 'No,' but if you are some sort of absolutist then the answer must be, 'Yes, of course, because of what the SS was doing to the Jews, Russians, Gipsies, etc, etcetera.' I guess that must make me a revisionist, then, because only one answer makes much sense.

Here and now, if we go to war with the Iranian Revolutionary Guard, can anyone promise that no goats or children shall be harmed in the process? Not that the IRG seems to care very much about that, should we? Asking that stupid question should not pose any impediment to an outbreak of hostilities between ourselves and some gang of tooled-up fanatics driving speedboats; if they want a fight then I am sure we will be happy to have one, unless we suddenly decide to power our way of life on a combination of sunbeams, wind, and vegetable oil and turn into relativists.