PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - It's On: Iran Closes Straits Of Hormuz, Oil Explodes
Old 9th Jul 2012, 03:13
chuks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From another planet...

I was amused to hear about how it's immoral to use 'disproportionate force' when conducting combat operations. That from a fellow liberal arts student. So that is us told, I guess.

Sorry to hear about Mum's goats and all. I bet she had pretty good aircraft recognition skills, given the number of low-level attack missions the German population had to endure late in the war. It's easy to believe in some fighter jock flying around shooting at anything that moved, even a flock of presumed-to-be-Nazi goats and their child goat-herdess. Hitler did ask for 'total war,' did he not? Of course something like 5% of total German cement production went into bunkers for der Führer, while folks like Mum just had to take their chances. War can be like that.

Here in Germany we had a distant family member who died in one of those camps... got drunk at the guards' Christmas party and fell out of a machine-gun tower.... Everyone has some sad story to tell from that period.

The crazy thing seems to be that the Iranian Revolutionary Guards are really up for this ass-kicking contest, speedboats against the US Navy. They are going to lose, one assumes, but they shall go out in a blaze of glory! What are they smoking, and, what are the odds that cooler heads shall prevail? Perhaps we shall see Ahmedhinejad go and then see tensions subside a bit, but if not.... This could be interesting, seeing a swarm of speedboats making a simultaneous attack, when only one or two have to get through.

Last edited by chuks; 9th Jul 2012 at 03:14.